This topic is for you if you want to grow your online brand. Whether you are job searching or you want to start a business, it’s important you focus on building your online reputation and personal brand online.
Employers are googling you and checking out your social media accounts.
Same with potential clients. Potential clients are googling you and checking out your social media accounts.
Do you want them to love what they see or hate what they see?
Subscribe on your favorite platform below:
How to Create a Social Media Plan
You have so many opportunities available to you with your phone. Find a social media platform that fits your personality and your brand. Right now, people are watching less television and instead are consuming more media on their phones. You can compete with the big brands just by producing content from your own home on your phone. You can become your own media company and create your own TV show, online magazine, or audio show.
It’s best to start on the platform that feels the best for you. Everyone is different so start with the platform that sounds the most exciting to you.
Getting started is always the hardest thing but you can do this!! Let’s break it down!
Most business owners get overwhelmed with social media and how to start. How do you know what to do first? That’s what you will learn in this episode.
In this episode, I’m going to give you a quick overview of all the social media platforms so you can make sure that you pick the best type of platform. This is really important and it was important for me when I started as well because when I started I had one platform and that was blogging. It was creating written content because that’s what I excelled at and that’s what I enjoy doing and that’s how I could connect to people. Now, I did not have a YouTube show, I did not have an Instagram account. I didn’t even have a Facebook way back then. All I did was focus on one thing. I focused on blogging and that’s how I became known and developed my expertise in the online world is just through focusing on blogging and as I became more comfortable, I added more social media platforms in different types of ways that you can interact with my content like audio and video and visual.
4 Types Of Channels
Remember just focus on ONE to start!
- Written: Do you like to write? Focus on creating written content. Share your story through a blog or create written content for Facebook or Instagram.
- Video: Do you like to speak more than write? Focus on creating videos for YouTube or going live on Facebook or Instagram. Answering questions, getting them ahead of time. Having a weekly showtime where people know you will be going live.
- Audio: Do you like to read or talk but don’t want to worry about being on camera? Try podcasting!
- Visual: Love photography and being creative with imagery and stories? You’ll love visual platforms like Instagram and Pinterest.
What are you most comfortable with? Pick one to start with.
My expertise in the online world came from starting with blogging and as I became more comfortable, I added more social media platforms in different types of ways. Today, I interact with my audience mostly through my podcast, Facebook groups, and Instagram. I like to communicate and interact with audio, video, and visual content.
Over the beginning of 2020, I was doing all FB Lives weekly. Now for the rest of 2020, I’m focusing on the podcast. Why? It’s easier to record during nap time with two kids at home.
All right. Now, I’m going to tell you two questions that will help you figure out which social media platform you should start on.
There are so many places online you can be. It’s time to get focused. Where is your target market online? Pick one platform, learn as much as you can about it, and grow.
2 Questions To Ask Yourself To Determine Where To Start
- Where are your ideal clients hanging out online?
- What is the last thing they look at on their phone before going to bed?
Figure out where your ideal clients spend most of their time online.
Which promotional “channels” do you feel drawn towards?
Which promotional “channels” do you feel overwhelmed and unexcited about?
The social media platform you will commit to and make a priority to learn more about is:________________
Other Episodes You Might Like:
- Create a 90-Day Plan to Launch Your Dream Career or Business in 2021 - January 11, 2021
- CLASS AskAnna: How to Keep a Healthy Mental Headspace When Working On Your Goals - December 28, 2020
- CLASS AskAnna: How To Make Time for Your Passion Even When You’re Busy - December 21, 2020