Hi Classy Career Girls!
So today I have a confession. I may have received something in the mail offering free magazines and I may have signed up for about ten of them at one time….my biggest piece of advice this morning, don’t ever do that! But, the good news is that I have lots to read and I am enjoying finding things to share with you! So, on that note I am going to put together a little round-up of advice that I find in the magazines delivered to my door every month. I know we are all trying to simplify our lives so now you can check “read magazine” off your list because I will deliver all the good details straight to your inbox instead!
Career Girl Magazine Round Up: January Edition
Here is everything you need to know:
- Drink coffee! Women who drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day were 15% less likely to develop depression than those who drank 1 cup or less (Health magazine and Archives of Internal medicine)
- Simplify. How? Simplify your schedule (turn off the bells, whistles and all alerts), make under your beauty routine (skip the blowout), streamline your goto meals (sip of glass of wine while cooking…OK!), edit your news feed (who loves google reader!), lighten your handbag (take everything out and see how much lighter it is) and weed out your closet (toss, donate and try on what’s left). (Health magazine)
- Don’t give up on your goals! How? Eat regular meals, anticipate roadblocks, choose a reward in advance, do the opposite of what you normally do and just chill. (Real Simple magazine)
- Get Ahead. Estée Lauder’s President of North America, Thia Breen’s top 5 get-ahead rules – never judge the customer, be fearless about setting goals, ask for what you want or need, assume you won’t have a mentor along the way and do not underestimate the power of punctuality! (Marie Claire magazine)
- Motivate. 3 things that motivate employees more than money – role models, recognition, small rewards and making your ideas theirs. (Inc. magazine)