If you are feeling burnt out, exhausted and stressed, please listen to this episode. My guest today worked as a management consultant on Wall Street and pushed herself so hard that she ended up with a chronic illness for 3 years as a result. Today, you’ll meet Rachael Todd, who now helps other people who are also overworking but feel like they can’t slow down through the power of mindset work.
In today’s episode, we talk about the signs of burnout and how to break up with the vicious cycle of our hustle culture. Rachael shares her strategies for setting boundaries and discovering what your true desires are. I wish I would have had this content years and years ago, especially before having kids and continuing for years overwhelmed and miserable myself. Get ready for a life-changing episode. Let’s dive in.
Subscribe on your favorite platform below:
Stop Hustling: A Better Way to Get Things Done
Rachael is a mindset coach and the founder of Return to Flow.
She works with high achievers who are doing too much and burning themselves out in the process. Her work is inspired by her own story. In a past life, Rachael worked as a management consultant on Wall Street and pushed herself so hard that she ended up with a chronic illness for 3 years as a result. Now she helps other people who are also overworking but feel like they can’t slow down through the power of mindset work.
You don’t deserve a fragmented, stressed out life. You’re a human. You need to sleep. You need to make time for joy, connection, and self-care. You’re not meant to be a machine who works tirelessly for days on end. You’re meant to live. You’re a human being not a human doing and you seem to have forgotten the being part.
So drop the hustling for a little while and come back to flowing. When you do, you’ll be amazed to see that it’s actually a much better way to get things done. Learn how to make this your new norm.
How American culture idolizes workaholics – and why women are hit the hardest.
Why idolizing successful people’s routines and following “productivity hacks” and traditional self-help advice can be toxic.
How to unlink professional success and self worth, and break up with the vicious cycle of our hustle culture.
Here are some questions I asked:
- Can you tell us about your background and how you gravitated toward what you currently do?
- Why do you think stress and burnout are problems for people today?
- How do you uncover what your definition of success is?
- Any exercises/tips for discovering what your true desires are?
- I saw your article on Thrive Global that setting boundaries and saying no are big components of managing stress and burnout. Why is it so important to learn how to set boundaries? Why is it so hard?
- How would you recommend someone start setting boundaries?
- The 7 main causes of burnout + the signs and symptoms.
- Why saying “no” & setting boundaries are some of the most important (but overlooked) parts of self care.
- How To Pick the Best Location For Your Career Goals with Mary Beth Hart (Sponsored) - August 26, 2021
- Stop Hustling: A Better Way to Get Things Done with Rachael Todd - July 26, 2021
- Everyone Who Feels STUCK Needs To Do This RIGHT NOW… - July 19, 2021