Last week, members in the Get Ahead Club had the opportunity to listen to my interview with Emily Bennington. Emily is the Author of Who Says It’s a Man’s World: The Girls’ Guide to Corporate Domination. Emily has led training programs for numerous Fortune 500 companies and has been featured in business press ranging from CNN, ABC, and Fox to the Wall Street Journal, Glamour, and Cosmopolitan. She is also a contributing writer for Monster.com and a featured blogger for Forbes Woman. Emily can be reached online at EmilyBennington.com.
Read this book if….you want to learn how to navigate the rocky path from cubicle to executive suite.
What members of the Get Ahead Club learned is…
- Women make up half of the workforce and yet the higher you up the ladder, the more that number seems to drop…and drop. Women account for just 4% of Fortune 500 CEOs, 6% of top earners, and only 16% of board directors and corporate officers. This is unfortunate because countless studies have confirmed that organizations with the most women board members outperformed those with the least number of women holding board seats by 16%.
- You must be a magnificent woman first to have a magnificent career!
- Want a huge career and salary? Leaps don’t come from waiting until your performance review to be handed incremental bread crumbs. They come from knowing your value, going after what you want, and bulldozing through any http://www.classycareergirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pinterest-photo-Emily-Bennington.jpgmental blocks along the way.
- Spend 70% of your time pursuing virtues and intentions and 30% pursuing goals.
- Common mistakes women make that kill your career: Negativity, grudges and worry.
- Be your best. Do your best. Work hard. Never give up.
- The glass ceiling is only there if you think it is. Who you are has no glass ceiling…it’s our world because it’s what we make of it.
Want to get the rest of the interview and start taking action to get ahead in your career this year? You can join the Get Ahead Club today and listen to the recordings from all the interviews, get the action plan worksheet, the Cliff Notes and interact with Anna Runyan and the rest of the Get Ahead Club community right now! Click here to learn more.
Latest posts by Anna Runyan (see all)
- How To Teach Online and Stop the Overwhelm - February 18, 2017
- Emily Ley Office Products: This Week’s Classy Career Giveaway! - February 14, 2017
- 10 Best Personality Assessments For Your Career - February 9, 2017