Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi has long been one of my favorite books about networking. This book encouraged me to start my 2011 networking challenge and really helped me get past a lot of my fears about networking as an introvert. I also listed this book as one of my Top 10 Must Read Books For Every Professional Woman.
So this is why I was ecstatic to hear from the publisher that a new version is coming out this month AND that I can give away three copies here on the blog. Woohoo!
Do you want to get ahead in life? Climb the ladder to personal success? The secret is in reaching out to other people. As Ferrazzi discovered in early life, what distinguishes highly successful people from everyone else is the way they use the power of relationships—so that everyone wins.
In Never Eat Alone, Ferrazzi lays out the specific steps—and inner mindset—he uses to reach out to connect with the thousands of colleagues, friends, and associates on his contacts list, people he has helped and who have helped him. And in the time since Never Eat Alone was published in 2005, the rise of social media and new, collaborative management styles have only made Ferrazzi’s advice more essential for anyone hoping to get ahead in business.
Here are a couple of his proven principles:
- Don’t keep score: It’s never simply about getting what you want. It’s about getting what you want and making sure that the people who are important to you get what they want, too.
- “Ping” constantly: The ins and outs of reaching out to those in your circle of contacts all the time—not just when you need something.
- Never Eat Alone: The dynamics of status are the same whether you’re working at a corporation or attending a social event—“invisibility” is a fate worse than failure.
- Become the “King of Content”: How to use social media sites like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to make meaningful connections, spark engagement, and curate a network of people who can help you with your interests and goals.
Here is how you can win a copy of this book:
- Like Classy Career Girl on Facebook
- Follow me on Twitter @classycareer
- Tweet about this giveaway (make sure you mention @classycareer and @ferrazzi)
- Leave a comment below answering this question: How do you stay in touch and follow-up with your network?
This giveaway is open to all residents in the US only. It begins NOW and ends on June 10th, 2014 at 11:59 PM. We will be giving away 3 copies of the book. The winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 24 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected. Good luck!
Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of the book to review but this did not change what I wrote about the book.