The night I found out I wasn’t going to be a mom in 2013, I happened to run across The Secret, a movie about the Law of Attraction. I was in serious need of something positive. It opened my eyes to the power of thinking positive. When I started, I created an “I want list.”
I want to quit my job. I want to work from home for myself. I want to be a mom to twins. I want to buy a house. I want to have a dog. I want to live a happy stress-free life as a mom. I want to have a great marriage. I want to have great friends.
I am so glad I wrote this down because I can look back years later at these simple things. And so many of these things have come true. This started my process, but it isn’t the way I am going to teach you to create your affirmations.
“It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen”. – Muhammad Ali
How to Create Effective Affirmations That Change Your Life
What are affirmations? They are something you do daily that describe a goal in its already completed state. We believe so highly in the power of affirmations that we added them to our 90-day planner. In the daily planner section, we created a section to write your daily affirmations. It is something I do every day, and I want you all to get into the habit of doing affirmations. So, how do you create affirmations?
Subscribe on your favorite platform below:
1) The first step I learned from The Success Principles by Jack Canfield. He said to start with the words “ I am” and use the present tense. Don’t do it for others. Do it for you. —>> I am 100% committed to being the person I need to be. I will become the successful person that I know I can be. I am committed to my daily personal development and daily discipline to reach all of my goals. I will take actions today to take me where I want to go. I can’t wait for another year. My time is now. Start to visualize the things you want in your life and use “I am.”
2) Write negative qualities and flip them to be positive. This is one of the things to help you get over self-doubt. If you are thinking, “I can’t turn my side hustle into a full-time income business.” Flip it to, “I can turn my side hustle into a full-time income business.” Instead of, “I’m scared.” change it to “I am becoming more and more confident.”
3) Don’t be attached if things change. Lots of my affirmations didn’t come true, and I’m so glad.
Repeat it every morning and night. And remember, there is no right and wrong way to do these, it is just important that you do them.
You May Also Like These Episodes:
Latest posts by Anna Runyan (see all)
- The First Step in Creating Your Plan That Most People Miss - November 4, 2019
- How To Incorporate Personal Goals In Your Planner - October 30, 2019
- How I Beta Launched My Online Course, PLAN - October 28, 2019