If you’re interested in submitting a guest post for Classy Career Girl, please read on and we’ll let you know what we are looking for and how the process works.
We specialize in the delivery of meaningful, inspirational and beautiful content at the intersection of work, dreams and everyday life (just think a beautiful and inspiring Pinterest board for the ambitious woman). More of what you really want to see and less of what you don’t.
We are passionate about creating content for women who are bored at work and need a bit of inspiration. If a million women saw one of your articles and the world would be a better place, please send it to us!
Before you submit, can you answer “yes” to these questions:
1) If a million women saw one of your articles, would the world be a better place?
2) Is the article something you would you share if you found it online? Would your friends share it?
3) Are there enough visual elements included for someone skimming on the phone?
2) Include a headshot and your bio. (2-3 sentences and don’t forget a link to your site or profile)
3) Photos (only that you have taken, or have rights to) including of products you recommend are preferred. The higher quality the better, please. We may or may not use the photo but the better the quality, the much more likely we will be able to use it.
4) All posts must be received by the last day of the month. We try to pre-schedule everything a month ahead. That being said, we can always move things around if you have a date you need or want.
5) If selected, you may be invited for an opportunity for a monthly column at CCG.
6) Please submit as a document (word doc preferred).
7) Article can include no links to the writer’s website (link in bio is fine, see #2). Unfortunately, authors were using this free platform to sell their products/services. We are focused on providing great content, so reference links are fine.
8) Please ensure your photo is uploaded and registered on gravatar.com before you submit (otherwise there won’t be a photo next to your bio and we don’t want that!)
Here are a few things we’d like you to do when you send your submission to make it easier for us to organize and get on our editorial calendar:
1) Make the subject of your email the title of your submission, and include the author’s name if it’s not the sender of the email (you.) If you don’t have a submission, but have questions or want feedback on ideas, title the subject “Submission Question” or “Submission Feedback.”
2) Please name your attachment the same as the title of your submission, which is also the same as the subject of your email! Remember to include the author’s last name and date as the end as well. For example: How_To_Get_More_Followers_Smith_Feb2.doc/docx.
3) Please send photo attachments separately and not as a document insert. We can’t download photos inside of word docs which makes it impossible for us to download and use the image. Original photos are best!
4) Please remember to include a short bio and headshot! Let us know whether it’s in the body of the email or in the attached submission, and if your email is already registered on Gravatar.
5) On Tuesday’s we share guest articles in CCG’s Facebook group. If you have a Facebook, let us know so we can tag you in posts of your article! To learn more, click here.
We won’t throw out your submission if you don’t format properly, but it helps us work without delay and confusion and makes everyone’s lives a little easier!
CCG reserves the right to make minor edits. If it doesn’t fit our requirements, we will let you know. Please use spell check and check your grammar. Content should be 500-750 words. Content must be new and original (not previously published).
Since your guest article is not sponsored content, CCG has the right to take out links that appear to be sponsored/advertising.
***Note: We will not link to “essay writing services” or “gambling sites”
***Note: If you submit a post to CCG, do not submit it elsewhere at the same time. Once published, we cannot delete articles.
What We Want:
Right now, we are on the hunt for the following topics:
-HOLIDAY topics (Halloween at work? Being thankful, what to wear to an office party, networking at a holiday party, how to take a break during the holidays, Holiday cocktails, gifts for the office)
-NEW YEAR topics (setting goals, making it the best year ever, how you reached your goals, setting resolutions, how to make your resolutions stick, planners)
-Fashion (we would love to see what you love to wear, home office, work or weekend style, share with us your latest trends, what to buy and where to shop, looks for less, Instagram roundups)
-Working mom tips/day in the life of a mom, going back to work after baby, etc,