I created my dream job and in today’s podcast episode, I’m sharing WHY I love career coaching so much. You’ll learn the mindset behind becoming a career coach, what a career coach does and what career coaching sessions look like. You’ll also learn the fastest way to get started as a career coach and how I recommend getting your first clients. I’ll teach you the tools I use to accept payment and set up my calendar. I’ll also share some tools you can use to hold your career coaching sessions.
Make sure you add your name to the waitlist for my Career Coach Certification program so you can get the quickest start to creating a career you love where you get to impact others and work from home. Set your own schedule and live the life you want by becoming a Certified Career Coach with Classy Career Girl®. Sign up to be notified as soon as our certification program is available and receive first access.
Subscribe on your favorite platform below:
iTunes | Google Play Music | Stitcher Radio | TuneIn | iHeartRadio | Sound Cloud
The Fastest Way To Get Started as a Career Coach
After 8 years at my company, I was stuck. I knew I wasn’t in the right career for me but had no idea what to do next. So I started a blog sharing what I wish I would have known when I first started my career.
I blogged and blogged and blogged until I decided enough was enough. I was quitting my job and had to start earning some money with my side hustle. So I experimented with online courses, membership sites, books, speaking, events, sponsored posts, consulting and website advertising.
And the one thing that I loved most was Career Coaching. I could make an impact on other women, answer their questions and schedule my work around my soon to be growing family.
Because I was pregnant and was planning to quit my job after maternity leave. August 1, 2014 I submitted my resignation letter and the rest is history!
What is career coaching?
A Career Coach is someone who helps their client find a job or business they love that supports the life they really want. A career coach supports their clients with the following:
- We transform lives.
- How do we do it? We walk them through a proven path so they don’t miss a step. We make sure they have identified their ideal career or business first. Then they will be more successful.
image and link to free lead magnet
How long do sessions last?
- 15-minute laser coaching
- 30-minute (sales conversation)
- 1-hour coaching (weekly coaching)
- Half-day or full-day VIP day
Ways to Coach
- Individual coaching
- Group coaching
- Corporate/Organization Coaching
- Executive Coaches
- Corporate Trainers
- Productivity Coaches
The Fastest Way to Start
Individual coaching is the easiest way to start. You can start coaching now.
How Do You Get Started as a Career Coach?
These are the 4 things you need to get started as a career coach:
- A way to find clients. Social media, Personal connections
- .A way to book a sales call. I recommend Calendly.
- A way for a client to pay. Paypal is a simple option to start with
- A way to hold the calls. The phone!
All this costs $0
How do I sell?
One of the best ways to stand out as a Career Coach is to narrow down your niche. You don’t have to be all things to all people.
That’s why we have multiple specializations in our Classy Career Girl Career Coach Certification Program.
- Career Coach Specializations
- Productivity Coaching – Help clients get organized and reach their goals. PLAN
- Job Search Coaching – Help clients identify & find their ideal careers. LYCF
- Leadership Coaching – Help clients manage themselves and engage others as a leader. FLA
- Business Coaching – Help clients create a profitable business they love. CRP
- Create your own
I hope these 4 tips help you create an incredible maternity leave so you can have some good quality time off with your new baby! I’ll see you when I return from my maternity leave! 🙂
Make sure you add your name to the waitlist so you can get the application as soon as our next cohort starts.