I started my blog in 2010 and I’ve been in this online world for a long long time. There’s not many career experts that have been around this world for such a long long time which is why today is exciting! I interview someone else who shares a common love and passion for the world of work and helping you navigate your career.
My guest today, Lindsey Pollak, has been an expert on careers and has now written 4 books! It’s amazing. I love when people stay consistent because I have seen so many people go in so many different directions over the years. That’s actually one of the things Lindsey shares in this podcast episode is how to stay consistent.
Other things we discuss in this episode is burnout is how to get through burnout, what’s next for the world of work in the next 12 months, how to ace virtual networking and how she keeps up with workplace trends.
Enjoy today’s Classy Career Girl Podcast episode with New York Times bestselling author and leading career and workplace expert, Lindsey Pollak and make sure you check out Lindsey’s latest Book: Recalculating: Navigate Your Career Through the Changing World of Work.
VIDEO LINK – need to grab from Youtube when it’s done uploading….
Subscribe on your favorite platform below:
Navigate Your Career Through the Changing World with Lindsey Pollak
Lindsey Pollak is a New York Times bestselling author and a leading career and workplace expert. She is the author of four career and workplace advice books including her latest, Recalculating: Navigate Your Career Through the Changing World of Work. Her speaking audiences and consulting clients have included more than 250 corporations, law firms, conferences and universities. For six years she served as an official ambassador for LinkedIn, and her advice and opinions have appeared in such media outlets as The TODAY Show, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNN and NPR. Lindsey is a graduate of Yale University and is based in New York City.
You can learn more about Lindsey at www.lindseypollak.com
“I do think I have my dream job but it’s taken my 20 years to get here. Success and fulfillment takes a lot of work. I am not an overnight success.” – Lindsey Pollak
Here are the questions Anna asks during the interview:
- You were one of the first people to identify as a “millennial workplace expert” 15 years ago. How did you build your expertise and business and how has it evolved?
- How do you stay consistent in your career when everything is bright shiny object syndrome do this and that in your career!
- So for people who don’t know you yet, share with us a little bit about your background and why you chose to write your latest book, Recalculating, during the COVID crisis.
- Burnout is a big issue in the Covid work environment. How do you know when you are burned out and how do you recommend people get through it?
- What themes do you see coming up in the next 12 months for the world of work?
- Without in-person networking coming back anytime too soon, how do you ace virtual networking?
- How do you keep up with workplace trends? What do you read/listen to on a regular basis?