7 Key Facts You Need To Know About Job Satisfaction
Are you satisfied or dissatisfied?
Speak the truth! Do you rush out of bed with excitement to get ready for work? Or do you struggle to get up the moment you realize that it is another workday?
How about your level of job satisfaction? Is it high, moderate, or low?
Certainly, you will agree that you spend most of your time (if not your life) on the job. Therefore, it is very important that you are satisfied and happy with your job.
But guess what? Statistics show that only 15% of employees worldwide feel engaged in their jobs. So, chances are, you are part of the 85% of employees who do not feel engaged.
Here are 7 key facts about job satisfaction that you need to know. They will help you to identify if you are satisfied with your current job or if it is time for you to make a career change.

7 Key Facts You Need To Know About Job Satisfaction

1. Repetitive Tasks Will Make You Bored

Repeating the same tasks daily will make your job too easy and will also induce boredom. You will start having negative thoughts like, “this job sucks,” or, “I’m wasting my time and skills.” Without a doubt, you will start losing interest in your job. Do you find that your job is too easy?

2. Micro-Management is Dangerous

If your boss is always looking over your shoulder, you are being micro-managed. While micro-management may be good from an employer’s perspective, it can be dangerous for you. How? You will stop thinking for yourself and become dependent on management for answers. Also, you will feel less motivated to attend work because you cannot exercise autonomy on the job. Are you being micro-managed?

3. Lack of Appreciation Will Result in Poor Performance

A 2017 report reveals that most workers resign from their jobs due to lack of appreciation. If you are not feeling appreciated your performance will be of poor quality. You will lack enthusiasm and will not feel empowered. Even a simple “thank you” from your employer and colleagues can brighten your spirit. Do you believe that your contribution has been recognized or appreciated?

4. Learning and Development Will Increase Your Job Satisfaction

Learning and development will increase your efficiency, effectiveness, and job satisfaction. You will become empowered and motivated to perform well. Moreover, to become an expert at what you do, you need training and personal development. Lack of training will make you stagnant. Also, you will be ignorant about new developments within your chosen field. Does your company promote learning and development?
[RELATED: The 3 Ingredients of Career Satisfaction]

5. A Workplace That Lacks Respect is Not Harmonious

Harmony does not exist in a workplace where there is a lack of respect. Disrespect in the workplace is hazardous to your health. Your stress level will rise if you spend 8 hours daily in a hostile and disrespectful environment. Do you feel respected at work?

6. Constructive Feedback Increase Communication

Whether negative or positive, it is important that you receive constructive feedback. This will give you a better understanding of what is expected of you and the areas you need to improve on. However, if you are receiving non-constructive feedback you will feel demotivated. Are you happy with the feedback that you are receiving?

7. Money is No Longer The #1 Job Satisfaction Factor

Usually, when one thinks of job satisfaction, money is the first thing that comes to mind. But not anymore! With so many options available, some people are not willing to sacrifice their happiness for a huge paycheck. Of course, receiving a large paycheck is everyone’s goal but it has to be under proper working conditions.
Additionally, a Harvard Business Review article states, “the more people are focused on money, the less they focus on satisfying their intellectual curiosity, learning new skills, or having fun, and those are the things that make people perform best.”
Is your main focus for job satisfaction money?
These are just a few of the various factors that constitute job satisfaction. Whether your job satisfaction is low, moderate or high, it is up to you to exercise control. You have the power to do so. If you are feeling dissatisfied, find a job that will make you happy or try to get satisfaction from the one you have.
Finally, job satisfaction can give you a feeling of contentment on the job. But you must also work on your own happiness and enjoy life. A happy life will make room for increased performance and successful job satisfaction.

Hi, I'm Anna!

I’ll help you create a career strategy and plan so you can finally have a job or business you love that supports the life you really want.

Learn More

You might also like…

Coach Classes: 8 Steps To Go From 1:1 To Group Coaching

Coach Classes: 8 Steps To Go From 1:1 To Group Coaching

Coach Classes: 8 Steps To Go From 1:1 To Group Coaching In this episode of Coach Classes, I am going to share how to switch from individual coaching to group coaching. In this video, I am going to share the answer to one of the most common questions I get! I hear from...

Coach Certification Case Study: Jen Pestikas

Coach Certification Case Study: Jen Pestikas

Career Coach Certification Case Study: Jen Pestikas   Welcome! I am super excited I have a great guest interview for you today. But first, I want to share that today is a very big day. I look forward to today all all year long. September 1st is when we open...

Lessons Learned From 500 Podcast Episodes!

Lessons Learned From 500 Podcast Episodes!

Lessons Learned From 500 Podcast Episodes!   Today we are celebrating 500 episodes of The Classy Career Girl Podcast! We talk about how far we've come, where we started, where we are today and where we are going in the future! Thanks to everyone who has listened...

90 Day Planner