Holiday work parties are going on right now and they can sometimes be so stressful depending on your work environment and co-workers! Did you know that 14% of people know someone who was fired for bad behavior at a holiday office party?
How To Be Classy At Your Holiday Office Party
Here are Classy Career Girl’s Do’s and Don’ts for work parties:
- Use the party as an opportunity to meet people and get to know them better.
- Look at what your boss is doing and how he/she is behaving. Keep your drinking/dancing within those bounds.
- Have a good time.
- Act classy and dress classy.
- Leave early. You don’t have to stay until the end. Nothing good happens after midnight…Just don’t be the first to leave.
- Don’t drink too much. 2 drink max.
- Don’t wear an extremely short skirt or show cleavage. Even though it isn’t the office, I would still go with a professional dress rather than the dress you wore for college.
- Don’t talk about work.
- Don’t gossip.
- Don’t flirt.
Remember that even though this is a social event, your behavior is being observed at every minute. Decisions may be being made by your boss while watching you interact with other people at the party. I wish I could say to let loose but these parties can be an extension of your work and you can’t forget that.