You are going to LOVE today’s guest on the podcast. If you are not in your dream job right now but want to make a change, today’s guest started her business as a side hustle and has now created a business consulting firm that has served leading brands like Deloitte, FedEx, Delta Airlines and Lowe’s. Our guest today is Carson Tate, author of the best selling book, Own It. Love It. Make It Work. and the creator of the Productivity Style Assessment®, a productivity assessment featured in Harvard Business Review’s.
In today’s episode you are going to learn how to identify your productivity style and how to design “work” in a way that meets both your professional and personal needs and goals. Carson shares some great advice to side hustlers who want to make their dream business happen and her favorite tools for entrepreneurs as well as her all-time favorite professional development book. So let’s get to it!! Introducing Carson Tate!
How to Make Any Job Your Dream Job with Carson Tate
Subscribe on your favorite platform below:
Author and Career Coach
Tune in to her Podcast here
CARSON TATE is the founder and managing partner of Working Simply, Inc., a business consulting firm that partners with organizations, business leaders and employees to enhance workplace productivity, foster employee engagement, and build personal and professional legacies. Working Simply has served leading global brands, including AbbVie, Delta Airlines, Deloitte, FedEx, Wells Fargo, Chick-fil-A, and Lowe’s.
The author of the best-selling, Work Simply: Embracing the Power of Your Personal Productivity Style [Penguin Portfolio, 2015], her newest title is Own It. Love It. Make It Work. [McGraw-Hill] and its companion workbook of the same name, Carson’s views have been included in top-tier media including Bloomberg, Businessweek, Business Insider, CBS Money Watch, Fast Company, Forbes, Harvard Business Review blog, The New York Times, USA Today, Working Mother and more.
Carson recommends to jump sooner!! Don’t let perfectionism hold you back.
Make sure you identify your strengths. Use an assessment tool such as The Strengthsfinder to uncover your strengths and how you can work your strengths and benefit your company.
Automate sooner than you think. Carson’s favorite tools are Quickbooks and email templates and signatures. Create a FAQ for your customer’s frequently asked questions.
Her tips for you:
- What’s at stake if you don’t do it?
- Name your fear that is preventing you from reaching your goals and dreams.
- Get clear and aware on what is holding you back.
Here are some questions I asked Carson:
- How did you get to where you are now as the founder of Working Simply, Inc.?
- Not in your dream job now, how to make it your dream job? The way we work has been changed forever…and why that is a good thing.
- What happens when you hit a roadblock in your journey to redefine your work, and the specific strategies you can take to make sure you don’t lose momentum, confidence and abandon your dreams?
Book: Own It. Love It. Make It Work. How to design “work” in a way that meets both your professional and personal needs and goals
- Stop Hustling: A Better Way to Get Things Done with Rachael Todd - July 26, 2021
- Everyone Who Feels STUCK Needs To Do This RIGHT NOW… - July 19, 2021
- Starting a Business With a New Baby with Sarah Mestiri - July 12, 2021