On this podcast episode, I am talking with Candace McRae, a long-time member of my coaching membership, CLASS, and now a recent graduate of the Classy Career Girl® Certified Career Coach Program. Candace has counseled 1-on-1, facilitated groups, organized events, taught classes, been a speaker for women’s events, and more. She founded Ladies of Life, an interstate Christian group that encourages and edifies women to become all that God has designed them to be and do what they were meant to do. She is a trained life coach, mediator, arbitrator, ordained Minister, and Business Owner. And, now, she can add career coach to that long list.
People have always come to Candace for coaching, counseling, and advice throughout her life. And, with her mindset of “it’s not about me, it’s about them,” she made the decision to turn what comes naturally to her into a coaching business.
Today, Candace talks about how the extensive training she received using The Classy Career Girl Client Career Transformation System gave her the confidence and motivation to start her own coaching business.
This Is What I Was Meant To Do with Candace McRae
Classy Career Girl® Certified Career Coach
What made you join the Classy Career Girl® Certified Career Coach Program?
- It felt like I was already doing it all my life. People always came to me for coaching, counseling and advice, so I felt like I was led to it.
What were some of your fears and challenges?
- I was afraid to sell and make this a business, asking for money and thinking to myself “they probably can’t afford it.” But I went back to the mindset of “it’s not about me, it’s about them”. This is what I’m supposed to be doing, the path I’m supposed to be on.
What are some of the WINS you have achieved since joining CLASS
- I created a digital product, a productivity time management workshop.
- I got my first paying client.
What gave you the confidence to start your coaching business?
- The practice coaching sessions in the Classy Career Girl® Certified Career Coach Program helped me build my confidence and the feedback I received made me feel like I can do this as a business.
- The scripts, tools and templates made it a “stress less” process. I didn’t have to sit and brainstorm. It’s all done for you.
What’s next for you?
- I’M GOING FOR IT! I’m in the process of redesigning my website and I’m ready to coach now!