The Top 10 Mistakes Career Coaches Make
When you are starting a coaching business, there are a lot of mistakes that are made. In this podcast episode, Anna shares the top 10 mistakes she has made and sees other career coaches make also.
This topic came to her while in the middle of her current Career Coach Certification program cohort. They are halfway through the program at the moment and Anna wanted to share what she is seeing in those first three months as trainees go through her career coach certification program, the mistakes she sees people make and the light bulbs that are happening in the program. So, if you are a coach or thinking of becoming a coach, this episode is going to be really helpful for you.
So, what are the top 10 mistakes career coaches are making?
Top 10 Mistakes Career Coaches Make
- Wanting to help everyone for free.
- Free coaching trial sessions. Not learning how to do a sales call.
- Not believing in themselves. Lack of confidence – Mindset.
- Not doing 1-1 coaching, getting results and testimonials first.
- Not helping one person everyday. Thinking more of themselves than their clients.
- Thinking people will just find you.
- Not being prepared and having things set up before client session.
- Not putting themself out there and being seen and visible with a workshop or a webinar on a topic that can help others.
- Not getting coached themselves or doing self coaching.
- Not batching their time.
So, let’s dive in and learn from these mistakes that Anna has made as well as many other career coaches.
In this episode:
- The top 10 mistakes career coaches make.
- Steps to take action and launch your coaching business.
- Learn about Anna’s Career Coach Certification program.
Resources and Links
- Learn more about Anna’s Career Coach Certification program and add your name to the waitlist to be notified when pre-enrollment happens for our Spring cohort.