I received so much great feedback about last month’s mini-series. As you may recall, we went back to the basics of how this all started and what it means to be a Classy Career Girl. If you haven’t listened to last month’s episodes, make sure you listen to those!
So, one of the things we covered were the six components of becoming a Classy Career Girl, which include:
Over the next six months, we are going to be diving into each of these key components. Today, we are diving into one part of becoming a Classy Career Girl!
Component 1 of a Classy Career Girl: Striving for Success
A Classy Career Girl makes goals and a plan that inspires her in her mindset, money, life, and career dreams. She strives for living her best life.
Success – Taking the stress out of sticking to goals and making a plan that inspires you.
CCG Success 01: How to Live Your Best Life
Your best life is the process of achieving your dream. Testing and trying things. It’s a journey. Upgrade that I’m going through. Being proud of what I’m doing. It is easy to get caught up in reaching for success, so today I want to give you three ways to live your best life right now.
Subscribe on your favorite platform below:
1) What Does Success Mean to You?
As you search for your dream job or build your dream business, it is easy to get caught up in the chase, in the next step, in always looking forward. You might even get so caught up that you don’t recognize success when it is right in front of you.
If you don’t know what success looks like, how will you know when you reach it? You might be surprised to learn that you are succeeding – right now! What were your goals a few years? Did you accomplish them and then set new, higher goals? Did you take the time to celebrate those successes?
Today is a Success
Sometimes, we are so consumed with our next career goals we forget to celebrate when we reach our current goals. That can lead to burn out or feeling overwhelmed.
So before you start making next year’s goals, stop. Figure out what success means to you. When you can answer that question, you will be better prepared to outline your goals.
Here is what success looks like to me:
- Helping women change their lives
- Inspiring others
- Providing for my family
- Being a great mom, wife, daughter, sister, and friend
- Supporting others
- Being happy while accomplishing the above
What Does Success Look Like to You?
Does success mean running your own business? Does it mean being able to spend more time with family? Working less and earning more? Finally setting up your website? Getting your first freelance client?
Take the time to celebrate every milestone, no matter how small. It will give you the motivation you need to keep pushing forward.
2) Making a Vision That Inspires You
- Your vision journal expresses your WHY- why is your goal important to you, why are you making a change in your life? On difficult days it’s important to remember your why. When you are feeling uninspired or unmotivated, remember your why. Just take a look at your vision journal, and you’ll remember why.
- What do you want to create in the future? When you imagine completing your goal, what does your life look like?
- What words or phrases represent your life when you complete your goal?
- Why do you want to reach this goal?
Decide on the type of vision board you want to create and make it.
There is more than one type of vision board. Most people think about cutting out pictures and putting them on a board, which is totally one type of vision board. Get a bunch of magazines and cut out words and images that represent where you want to be. You can also create a journal-notebook and cut things out for index cards. Or you can use a secret Pinterest board.
Look at it morning and night and all the time. Carry it with you.
Make it a habit. It’s essential to have it when you are out there pursuing opportunities and talking to people about who you are and what you want to create in your life. The clearer you are about this, the easier it’s going to be for the right people to find you. Use your vision board to make decisions.
3) Move Past What is Holding You Back from Success. Be Aware of Success Roadblocks
In order to have this trait, you have to move past the problems and excuses to success so you don’t stay stuck. What are they?
Thank you so much for joining me today! I would love to hear your thoughts about today’s topic. Reach out on Instagram and tell me what your best life looks like.
Latest posts by Anna Runyan (see all)
- Happiness 03: Determining Your Direction and Finding Your Purpose - August 19, 2019
- BONUS: Launch Your Dream Career or Business Workshop Recap - July 16, 2019
- CCG Success 02: Hard Work and Impostor Syndrome - July 8, 2019