It’s a new year. If you listened to my 2019 goals podcast, you know that I am very focused this year. I have a clear head. I’m not pregnant! Haha. It feels great to have a fresh start.
I’m feeling more like myself and ready to play big and reach more of my dreams and goals this year.
Subscribe on your favorite platform below:
This podcast episode was inspired by an Amy Porterfield podcast which really pushed me to examine how I can play bigger in 2019. Here’s the podcast episode if you want to listen to it.
She said, “You are a Big Deal. Do you think Oprah thinks she is a big deal? Yes. Do you think Elizabeth Gilbert and Brene Brown think they are a big deal? Yes.”
She gave me permission to be a big deal when I know I’m like her and have been hiding for a bit. I’ve been just watching others become big deals. It really helped me examine how I needed to show up in 2019 and the limiting beliefs that were holding me back.
So, here is what I how – I am aiming for bigger things this coming year.
1) Waking up before my kids. I’ve gotten lazy. My nights are hard. My daughter is still waking up at night nursing. I’m missing my morning times. I’m a better mom with a little alone time before they wake up.
2) Making health a priority. Gym and eating. Workout classes. Eating with my daughter. I need to show up healthy and strong in order to reach my professional and mama goals.
3) Limiting social media distractions. I read Deep Work by Cal Newport, and it really inspired me. I am going to stop constantly checking the phone and unplug periodically.
4) Trying to get more done by the 15th of the month. Scheduling in focus time. I am going to schedule in hotel staycations to focus.
5) Reward myself if I reach a goal at end of the month. This really helps motivate me.
6) More reading for fun and personal development. Nighttime shutdown routine. Putting the phone away.
7) Be who I know I can be. Act like I am the person achieving my goals. Don’t be afraid to network with the people I need to network with. Surround myself with people who are doing what I want to do someday. Not sure how, but I am open to it this year. Normally I say no to opportunities. I still don’t want to travel much with my daughters, so I’m not completely all in on this one yet but I know I need to surround myself with big thinkers and other entrepreneurs who are doing similar things.
Before we go, one last thing: You can totally do this.
Yes, you can! It’s all about putting the right habits in place and making daily baby steps! You got this!
Latest posts by Anna Runyan (see all)
- Building Brand Awareness with #MyStartupstory - May 23, 2019
- How To Overcome Imposter Syndrome - May 16, 2019
- How to Increase Your Happiness While Running a Business - May 9, 2019