You absolutely must have questions ready to go during your interview! Asking your own interview questions shows your interest in your company and you can actually make or break an interview just by the questions you ask! You can demonstrate your confidence, drive and your intelligence just by the questions you ask. Have a list of interview questions ready to go before, so you don’t forget during the interview when you may be nervous.
Showing that you are prepared by pulling out your list during the interview is a big strategy to use during the interview. Remember the interview is not just about what you SAY but it’s also about how you act and what you do during the interview. Interviewers appreciate applicants who ask thoughtful questions and they like those who truly show interest in the company.
Here are the top 10 questions to ask during an interview:
1. What is the next step in the hiring process? When can I expect to hear from you next?
2. What happened to the person before me? Is it a new position?
3. What are the benefits that your company offers?
4. What career development opportunities does your company offer?
5. What do you like most about working for this company?
6. What does it take for someone to succeed at your company?
7. How many people work in this office/department?
8. What do you believe differentiates your products from its competitors? What are your current strategies to get and keep customers?
9. Who else is involved in the decision to hire?
10. What skills and experiences would make the ideal candidate for this position?
Don’t forget to ask for business cards or contact information of your interviewers DURING the interview! That way you can send thank you emails immediately after you leave. Remember to add something unique about the interview that you remember and show your enthusiasm for the role and company in the thank you letter.
Latest posts by Anna Runyan (see all)
- CCG Foundations 01: Who is a Classy Career Girl? - June 3, 2019
- 7 Business Plan Tips To Create A Better Business Plan - May 27, 2019
- Building Brand Awareness with #MyStartupstory - May 23, 2019