I know why you want to start a business and it’s not to make loads of cash or be famous. It’s not to become independent of a crazy boss or to not have to commute to work.
You have a story. You have a reason. You want to make an impact. You want to start a business with meaning and make a difference. You want to solve a real problem you see in the world.
You have a goal to make a profit, but with a purpose. You probably have a personal story of why this purpose is so important to you. And that my friend is what we are going to explore today.
It’s so important to know the problem that you are solving because that will help you program your mind for success. You aren’t selling. You are helping. If you can understand this, you will be miles ahead of other entrepreneurs and businesses. Your ideal clients will be attracted to your meaning and your authenticity. You will attract them without having to feel salesy. The entrepreneurs that succeed want to make an impact in the world.
Don’t Start a Business Without Answering These 7 Questions:
1. Let’s get personal! Don’t be afraid to share your personal stories and experiences. That’s what makes you a real person! What motivates you to start your business?
2. What you have already experienced in life can be life changing to someone else. What problems have you solved that you now want to help others solve?
3. Often your clients are where you were just a few years ago. People are always looking to save time so give them the answers fast. What have you figured out (maybe the hard way) that you want others to know?
4. Starting a business isn’t always easy so it’s important to remember the big picture. How important is this business to yourself and your family/community?
5. It’s time to leave your mark and create your legacy! What impact do you want to make in the marketplace? What do you want to be known for?
6. What is your vision for your new business? Jot down your ideas here. I will give you a template to use in the next part.
7. You have to see who you want to be before you get there. See who you are going to be. Who do you want to be in 10 years?
Purpose is one of the most important things to nail down before starting your business. But the most successful entrepreneurs translate that purpose into a clear vision for their future growth as well. What do you dream your business could be in five years if everything was going exactly how you wanted it to be? If you don’t have a clear vision, you might get distracted and you won’t be able to inspire and motivate the world with your purpose. The most successful entrepreneurs have a clear plan and stick with it. Your vision is your GPS.
Have more questions about starting a business. Don’t miss our next free webinar.
Latest posts by Anna Runyan (see all)
- How To Stay Motivated When Everything is Falling Apart - September 9, 2019
- The Best Time Management Decisions I Made As a Working Mom - September 2, 2019
- Happiness 04: The #1 Personality Assessment To Identify Your Ideal Career Fit - August 26, 2019