The new year is right around the corner, so it’s time to get our planning on! Often new year goals can be overwhelming especially if you have lots you want to get done. So where do you start?
Right here with this planning challenge and then join us in our Love Your Work and Life Ladies Facebook community to stay accountable throughout the year.
Here are three days of easy New Year planning activities to help you plan out your goals and dreams for the New Year!
Step 1: Look Back at Last Year
Looking back is so important, and this is where you need to start first. Often we are so consumed with what’s next and what else can we do that we forget that success is now.
1) What great things have you done this year and what were your accomplishments?
2) What did you learn last year?
3) What are you most grateful for?
4) What time wasters held you back?
5) When you were at your best and loving life last year, what were you doing?
6) If you are a business owner, what made you the most money in your business?
7) What networking or professional events and trainingswere totally awesome?
8) What books did you read that you loved?
9) When did you have the most fun in your work?
10) If you are a business owner, when you were promoting what worked the best? Was it a certain social media channel? Was it talking to people? Was it webinars? FOCUS IS KEY!! Find what works and repeat over and over.
DAY 2: Create The Theme for This Year
Now that you are done reviewing last year, you should have a good idea of what worked, what didn’t work, and where you want to focus in the coming year. At this point, write down everything you want to do next year, both personally and professionally. Do a brain dump. Then, from this long crazy list, I want you to pick three focus areas for the new year. These will be the three main goals that you are going to focus on in the coming year.
Don’t worry about little tasks but try to roll up everything into bigger goals. In our last challenge day (3), we will create the action plan that you need for completing your goals.
1) What are your focus areas/themes for next year?
2) What books are on your reading list for the year?
3) What events do you want to attend this year?
4) What training programs you want to complete this year?
5) Who do you want to add to your network next year that can help you reach your goals?
DAY 3: Create Your 90-Day Plan
It’s almost time for the new year, so I want to let you in on a little secret. Don’t just set New Year’s Goals…set 90-day goals! If you are like me, goals for an entire year can get really overwhelming. They are often so big and scary that I forget to take action on them. Then, they just get lost in the hustle and bustle of everything else happening in my life.
Until I started implementing 90-day plans. I love 90 days because 90 days is long enough to make big things happen but still short enough to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Both of my signature group coaching courses are broken into 90-day increments. I did this after working with so many clients and seeing BIG lightbulbs and awesome things all coming together at the 90-day mark.
So this year, make sure you make your 90-day plan to accomplish your goals. I recommend breaking your actions into 30-day, 60-day, and 90-day milestones. Make it happen. You will see that small actions can lead to BIG RESULTS. This is your year!
Question: What are three things you want to accomplish in the next 90 days? (Make sure you download your free 90-day planner here first!)
Bonus Question: What tasks and deadlines do you need to add to your calendar and to-do list to accomplish your three big 90-day goals?!
What are your goals for the new year? Share in the comments below!
- How To Make Networking Less Scary - August 3, 2020
- 4 Sales Mistakes Holding You Back From Becoming a Successful Entrepreneur - July 27, 2020
- The Ultimate Guide to Uncover Your Passion and Purpose - July 20, 2020