There’s a lot happening on LinkedIn, and if you are just getting started, it can be slightly overwhelming. That’s why here at CCG we have put together a LinkedIn Profile checklist to help you get started on the right track. The truth is, your dream career is probably waiting for you on LinkedIn and there are so many opportunities people aren’t taking advantage of because they just don’t know how.
Here is our 16-Point Checklist for your LinkedIn Profile:
1. You have over 100 connections.
2. You have a professional photo.
3. Your profile has a keyword strategy in place. You have a unique LinkedIn Profile URL in place.
4. You have a benefit-oriented headline that grabs attention.
5. Your summary includes an overview of your skills, talents, and how you can add value to a company.
6. Your summary includes previously quantified results at other companies, with numbers whenever possible.
8. You have two pieces of media such as relevant videos, images, presentations or articles quoting you in your experience section.
9. Your experience includes results, numbers, and accomplishments (Challenge, Actions, and Results) in your experience section.
10. You have at least three recommendations. You have been endorsed at least 15 times.
11. You are a member of at least 25 groups.
12. You post relevant articles and tips on your profile at least once per week.
13. You follow at least five companies you are interested in.
14. You message at least one person you know and at least one person you don’t know on LinkedIn each week.
15. Every month you introduce two new people in your network.
16. Comment on a post in at least one group once per week.
[RELATED: What to do on LinkedIn after you set up your profile]
Comment below with your LinkedIn Profile URL link so we can connect!
Photo: Sheila Scarborough
- How to Make Any Job Your Dream Job with Carson Tate - June 14, 2021
- WHY you aren’t reaching your goals and what to do INSTEAD… - June 7, 2021
- Starting The Entrepreneurship Journey with Amy Bryant - May 31, 2021