I am not a morning person. It takes a lot to wake me up. I like to hit that snooze button as many times as possible (I publicly apologize to my husband). But, this week I am on a mission to wake up earlier. I hate my alarm with a passion, but if I just have a few sips of coffee, I will be ready to start the day.
Lately, I have been feeling rushed in the morning and would love to have extra time to read, write, exercise or do nothing but sit in silence before the rest of the world wakes up.
Here are My Top 10 Tips for Waking Up Earlier in the Morning:
1. Caffeine must be automatic. Set the timer, wake up and the smell the coffee.
2. Have a consistent time that you wake up every single day. Get your body use to waking up at the same time. Keep track of how many hours of sleep you get each night and how you feel in the morning. This way you can figure out how many hours of sleep you really need each night.
3. Have something exciting planned for your morning. Plan to read your favorite book or write in your journal in absolute silence. Know exactly what you are going to do and make it something you look forward to.
4. Go to bed earlier. Is watching Jimmy Fallon really that important to your life (maybe)? Give yourself an hour where you start getting ready for bed. This will help you go to bed faster.
5. Plan ahead. If you are getting up to work out, have your workout clothing ready to go before you hit the hay. Better yet, go to sleep with it on!
6. Don’t snooze. But if you are addicted like me, make your snooze button a game, you can hit it once but don’t let it go off again before you get out of bed.
7. Write down your goals. Writing down when you want to wake up will help you stick to it.
8. Try it once. Take back your life and your priorities and see how much you love having time for you in the morning. Once you realize how much more energy you have from your new morning routine, you will be jumping out of bed!
9. Find an accountability partner. Find someone who will yell at you to stop pressing the snooze button and help you stick to waking up earlier! If no one is sleeping in the same room with you, tell someone else your wake up goals and how you are doing each morning. This could be someone you work with or call your mom on your way to work every day. It is amazing how telling someone else how to do something can make you follow through.
10. Bribe yourself. Have a quick, delicious breakfast or treat waiting for you if you get out of bed.
So that’s what it takes to wake me up. What are your secrets for waking up earlier?
- How To Pick the Best Location For Your Career Goals with Mary Beth Hart (Sponsored) - August 26, 2021
- Stop Hustling: A Better Way to Get Things Done with Rachael Todd - July 26, 2021
- Everyone Who Feels STUCK Needs To Do This RIGHT NOW… - July 19, 2021