A Location Independent Adventure Begins: Working from the Road
31Jul

A Location Independent Adventure Begins: Working from the Road

About the Author

Anna Runyan

Anna is the founder of Classy Career Girl, named by Forbes as one of the top 35 most influential career sites of 2014. She helps millions of women design and launch their dream careers, businesses and lives through her website, online courses and social media channels.

Comments (7)

April - July 31, 2015

Very cool, Anna! Great trips and what an exciting adventure. Very inspirational 🙂

Anna Runyan - September 9, 2015

Thanks April! So glad you found this helpful. It is so exciting!

April - July 31, 2015

Great tips, I mean 😉

Annette - August 1, 2015

Hi Anna,

I wish you well on your journey! It sounds like an amazing opportunity! I’m so glad I read this today. Just last week, daughter and son-in-law asked me to move in with them. They want me closer and after being out of work for the last 8 months, they know that financially it would allow me to focus on my business without the stress of paying bills with limited income. I also get to spend a lot more time with my grand girls and help care for them. I cried. I would never have asked them to do this but when they offered, I could not refuse. But of course, days later I started thinking about all of the cons instead of the pros; loss of some freedom, not having my own “things” right there, limited solitude (I looove my alone time), etc. Reading this helped put things in perspective for me. Thank you so much for sharing so much of you with us. I sincerely hope you know how grateful I am for you and CCG. I hope to catch up on everything and make you proud!

Have fun and take care!

Best,
Annette

Kris - August 1, 2015

I have been following you for many years now, and I’m happy to see you transition into this phase of your life because I have always seen this for myself too. Goo luck! And looking forward to reading more of your adventures.

Brianne - August 5, 2015

As I’m a writer who works from home and my boyfriend is a travel agent, we’ve been talking about all of the different ways we could fit in travel without the huge expense. Just a few days ago, I pitched the idea of taking a year to travel with him the next time we’re in between apartments, which will be in a few years. For him to spread the word about his business and for me to be able to document it would be an incredible experience. I look forward to reading more about how you enjoy this experience. Good luck!

Darwin Halford - September 4, 2015

I don’t know what the future holds but for the next couple of years, I’m happy doing what I am doing. What advice do you have for people who are tired of the regular 9-5 job routine and want more independence and freedom to travel?