In honor of Mother’s Day coming up and my daughter almost turning one (ALREADY!), I thought I would share a few tips that I wish I would have known before becoming a mother.
What I Wish I Would Have Known Before Becoming a Mother
1) I can’t do it all. Delegate and get help.
2) Baby steps! Just make one new habit per week. Don’t try to be back to normal in one day.
3) Get to know a lactation consultant before the baby comes. Nursing is not an easy thing. My daughter had a tongue tie so we went to see our lovely lactation twice every week!
4) Self-care is so important. Take care of yourself.
5) Get outside every day. Go for a walk.
6) Prioritize your life. Get rid of whatever isn’t important.
7) Get out of the house first thing in the morning, otherwise, you will still be in pajamas when your husband gets home at 5 pm.
8) Figure out childcare before the baby comes.
9) Ask for help and then don’t worry about it.
10) Be creative with your schedule. You might have to work at different times than 9-5pm.
What do you wish you would have known before becoming a mother?
Latest posts by Anna Runyan (see all)
- How To Stay Motivated When Everything is Falling Apart - September 9, 2019
- The Best Time Management Decisions I Made As a Working Mom - September 2, 2019
- Happiness 04: The #1 Personality Assessment To Identify Your Ideal Career Fit - August 26, 2019