We are all about saving time here at Classy Career Girl! The best way you can save time when it comes to preparing for your interview is modeling answers to the most common interview questions so you don’t have to start from scratch!
Luckily for you, we have worked with recruiters and hiring managers to come up with the top ten interview questions you’ll want to have answers to ready to go. You can either model what you see here and do it yourself or download the 10 answers for free now.
This is for you if you want to be ready and prepared for your next interview, but are a little nervous that you don’t have all the answers ready to go yet. Today I am going to tell you the top 10 interview questions and exactly how to answer them.
I am also going to tell you how NOT to answer these questions.
Tune in to learn exactly how to answer the top interview questions:
1) Tell me about yourself.
Give a summary of your work-related qualifications, prepare a one-minute personal commercial with an overview of work you have done, your academic degree, and skills related to the job requirements.
2) What are your salary requirements?
There are a few answers you can give: “I don’t know enough about the job yet to respond.”, “I’m sure you pay a competitive salary and I’m flexible.”, or “What is the range you’ve budgeted for this position?”
3) What are your greatest strengths?
Provide concrete, tangible job skills and actual stories and examples of how you have used those skills.
4) What are your weaknesses?
Cite a trait that may have been a challenge for you in the past, but which you have worked to overcome.
5) What are your career goals?
“I’d like to become increasingly valuable to your firm by consistently exceeding the performance standards and continually learning new skills.”
6) What did you like most about your last position?
Tie the answer into the company’s needs and show your initiative and outstanding performance.
7) What did you like least about your last position?
“Though I liked most of the aspects of the job and company, the one limitation was a lack of growth opportunities.”
8) How quickly do you think you will be ready to contribute to our firm?
“I believe I can contribute almost immediately. In past positions, I’ve had to learn a lot in a short time and did quite well. For example…..”
9) Why did you leave your last position?
“The Company reorganized and my position along with a number of others was eliminated.” “I had achieved as much as I could within that company and felt the need to seek another job to continue to grow.”
10) Why do you want to work here or why should we hire you?
Strut your stuff! Summarize the answers you’ve given to their questions as they relate to the job requirements in a concise one to two minute response.
Find this helpful? Make sure you download the free cheat sheet so you are ready to go on interview day.
- How To Do a Founding Member Launch - May 18, 2020
- Productivity Challenge Day 3: Vision and Making of the Create Your Future Planner - May 11, 2020
- Productivity Challenge Day 2: Daily Habits and To-Do Lists - May 9, 2020