Need a little laugh in your work week? CareerBuilder recently completed a study asking 2,400 hiring managers what outrageous behavior they have seen during interviews. The Washington Post wrote about the behaviors in an article called They Were Noticed But Not Hired. Can you believe what these job applicants did during the interview?
- Blew her nose and lined up all the used tissues on the table in front of her.
- Ate all the sweets from the candy dish while trying to answer questions.
- Wore a hat to the interview that said, “Take this job and shove it.”
- Arrived for the interview accompanied by a parent.
- Answered every question only after referring to a detailed binder of notes.
- Told the interviewer that her favorite pastime was walking around in her pajamas all day and doing nothing.
- Hugged the hiring manager at the end of the interview.
- Brought in a copy of a college diploma, but it was obvious that liquid white-out had been used to add the person’s name to the document.
- Confided that she was a witch.
- Tossed his beer can in the outside trash bin before coming into the reception office.
You might be surprised to read some of these but you definitely won’t be surprised to hear that these applicants didn’t end up getting the job!
- How to Make Any Job Your Dream Job with Carson Tate - June 14, 2021
- WHY you aren’t reaching your goals and what to do INSTEAD… - June 7, 2021
- Starting The Entrepreneurship Journey with Amy Bryant - May 31, 2021