Is this the right time to move into a new job? Or start a new business?
No matter what, if you are feeling like your current career isn’t the right fit, it’s definitely the right time to explore what could be a better fit for you. There are also many businesses that are doing really great right now because they have discovered problems that people are having right now and are solving them. I say live a life of no regrets and don’t wait if it’s something you are considering!
Subscribe on your favorite platform below:
Am I Crazy To Start a Business in 2020?
So many people are using NOW as the time to re-evaluate their career. Is it secure? I worked through the 2008 recession and it really woke me up. Having a business can be the most secure career there is!! I know that!
Now is not a time to live with regrets. Now is a time to think – am I happy? Have I spent time with people I love? Do I wake up everyday and jump out of bed to be able to live and get to work? If not, do this for you. I know 2020 has been a huge wake up call for me. I’ve re-evaluated how I handle money. I have re-evaluated how I run my business. I’m now homeschooling my 1st grader we start next week wish us luck. All because of choices I made 10 years ago. Now I can make choices that make me happy.
It just starts with one step and stepping off the stuck train of doing the same thing over and over and actually having control of your life.
Are you all getting this?
So over the last 10 years I have been working hard to help women like me who knew they wanted out of the corporate life. One of my strengths is breaking down the steps you need to take and giving you a plan. And that’s when The Corporate Rescue Plan was born in November-2014 when my first daughter was a few months old. I had just quit my day job after maternity leave and was getting so many questions about how I make my dream career happen.
Today, I want to go over step 1. And today is a podcast I am recording live with you in the CCG Network!
We have six phases to go from employee to entrepreneur – and I am going to cover phase 0 right now!! The very beginning!
- You are a Founder if you have no idea what to do first.
- You have no plan.
- It’s hard for you to see your future vision.
- You desperately want more freedom and flexibility in your life.
What life is like:
You are unsure of the steps to take. You are constantly second guessing yourself. You have no idea how to create your 90-day plan. You have a lot of fear and are not sure if you are even in the right place. You aren’t sure if you even have what it takes to become an entrepreneur. You don’t really know exactly why you are doing this. You may not even have told too many people about your business, yet. You are constantly overwhelmed and feel like you are a failure. You don’t have a positive mindset and you have no idea how to narrow down your goals.
1) Identify what success as a business owner means to you.
Is success now? IF we aren’t careful we are just going to keep trying to make more and more money or think if we just were in a different place, I would be happier. Usually success is simple. Usually you are a success now. What is success by the end of the year? Surviving 2020?
What Does Success Mean to You?
As you search for your dream job or build your dream business, it is easy to get caught up in the chase, in the next step, in always looking forward. You might even get so caught up that you don’t recognize success when it is right in front of you.
If you don’t know what success looks like, how will you know when you reach it? You might be surprised to learn that you are succeeding – right now! What were your goals a few years? Did you accomplish them and then set new, higher goals? Did you take the time to celebrate those successes?
Today is a Success
Sometimes, we are so consumed with our next career goals we forget to celebrate when we reach our current goals. That can lead to burn out or feeling overwhelmed.
So before you start making next year’s goals, stop. Figure out what success means to you. When you can answer that question, you will be better prepared to outline your goals.
2) Create a vision journal or vision board.
Spend some time dreaming about your vision. Anna can’t help you start a business if you are unclear what your long term vision truly is. Don’t grow a business that you aren’t going to love. This is why it’s so important to focus on your vision before we even start Phase 1. I redo my vision journal every 90 days.
- Your vision journal expresses your WHY– why is your goal important to you, why are you making a change in your life? On difficult days it’s important to remember your why. When you are feeling uninspired or unmotivated, remember your why. Just take a look at your vision journal, and you’ll remember why.
- What do you want to create in the future? When you imagine completing your goal, what does your life look like?
- What words or phrases represent your life when you complete your goal?
- Why do you want to reach this goal?
Decide on the type of vision board you want to create and make it.
There is more than one type of vision board. Most people think about cutting out pictures and putting them on a board, which is totally one type of vision board. Get a bunch of magazines and cut out words and images that represent where you want to be. You can also create a journal-notebook and cut things out for index cards. Or you can use a secret Pinterest board.
Look at it morning and night and all the time. Carry it with you.
Make it a habit. It’s essential to have it when you are out there pursuing opportunities and talking to people about who you are and what you want to create in your life. The clearer you are about this, the easier it’s going to be for the right people to find you. Use your vision board to make decisions.
3) Determine why your business will exist. People will be attracted to your why.
People don’t by what you do. They buy why you do it.
If you don’t know why you do what you do, how will you get people to buy from you and be loyal?
Simon Sinek , Start With Why
4) 2 WAYS TO MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT FAIL
Prepare to take a lot of small baby steps and imperfect action. The one thing book by Gary Keller.
- You’ll discover what makes a CRP Influencer different and you’ll narrow down your goals and identify what to focus on. It will feel so good! You’ll get into the right mindset to start a successful business and you’ll learn and implement strategies that will ensure that your business is a success.
- You’ll have a quick win! This is not hard! It’s fun! So get excited!
Register for our upcoming 2021 Planning Workshop starting September 21st!
- Coffee Chat and Q&A with Anna - October 26, 2020
- 5 Roadblocks That Stop You From Growing a Business - October 20, 2020
- CLASS Member Spotlight: Ashley Clayton - October 12, 2020