If you are just getting started, Instagram can be overwhelming. There are so many types of different content, and the learning curve feels steep.
Today, I am going to share a few quick tips and inspiration for Instagram content. I’ve been using Instagram a lot in the past year, and am planning to continue doing so. There is a huge variety of content you can share, so this will be a quick round-up of the top four types of content on Instagram.
But first, a few tips to get the most out of Instagram.
- Always be authentic: Aim at starting a conversation. Ask questions, share what works for you, let your followers see who you really are.
- Be creative: Don’t just share the same boring stock photos. Instead, take your own and use templates, stickers, and tags to make your content unique.
- Plan ahead: Create an Instagram plan and stick to it. You can also schedule content on Instagram now, which can be a time saver.
#1 Instagram Feed Content
Upload a photo or take a new one and the photo will be displayed on your Instagram account profile and your followers’ feed.
If you are just starting out on Instagram or want to grow your following, the main feed is where people can find you (recommended to you).
Ideas for Instagram Content:
- Sneak Peak
- How to photos & videos
- Behind the scenes
- Product recommendations Advice
- Influencer Takeover
- Promote new products or services
When to post on your main Instagram feed:
- If you want the photo or video to permanently visible for others to view.
- If you want your Instagram feed to follow a particular design or theme.
- If you are just starting out on Instagram or want to grow your following, the main feed is where people can find you (recommended to you).
#2 Instagram Live Videos
If you want to communicate and engage with your followers in real time, then you should try Instagram Live. Show your followers the unedited perfectly curated version of yourself/brand.
Open the camera icon at the top left of your main feed & select Instagram Live. Go Live. End the broadcast — save your live stream.
#3 IGTV (aka Instagram TV)
Instagram feature and app for sharing and viewing videos. The format is similar to Instagram Stories, but you upload long-form content of up to an hour and your videos won’t disappear after 24 hours.
IGTV is perfect if you want to share with your followers a longer length video and you want to expand your reach with curated videos.
#4 Instagram Stories
Instagram Stories is a feature on Instagram that shows up at the top of the feed. They tend to get a ton of views, and you can upload photos, videos, and even links if your account is verified. The catch is, the photos or videos disappear with 24 hours. So use really timely content here.
IG Stories helps you communicate with your followers by using diverse elements (poll, surveys, etc), share something with your followers that is time sensitive, and build a strong relationship with your followers in a creative way.
Here is a guide to Instagram Stories, if you want to learn more.
What Are Your Instagram Questions?
I am seriously loving Instagram these days. If you’ve got questions about how to use the platform or anything else, I would love to hear them! Follow Classy Career Girl on Instagram and shoot us a message.
You Might Also Like This Podcast: How to Build Your Audience
Latest posts by Anna Runyan (see all)
- 3 Ways to Plan For Profit in 2020 - January 20, 2020
- How To Create a New Business in 90 Days - January 16, 2020
- How to Narrow Down Your Business Idea in 5 Minutes - January 13, 2020