Today, I am going to take you behind the scenes and share twelve things you can do for success and happiness every day. Note, Disclaimer: I rarely do all 12 of these things. It is difficult to do one of these things every day! But I try, and that is what is important. Some are better than none and I always have a better day when I do some of these.
I created this list about a few months ago after my daughter was born. I do not have the quiet or alone time that I used to have. But I try to get as many of things as I can. The days that I get to as many of these habits as possible I am happier.
I know doing these things was part of what led to the success of our physical planner we recently released. If I had not been trying to do these things, I don’t think I would have been in the right place mentally to actually make that goal happen. So, I believe great daily habits are going to help you reach your goals.
Let’s start talking about the habits I try to do every day!
Subscribe on your favorite platform below:
Daily Success Habits: 12 Habits I Try To Do Every Day
- Working out or stretching: Do something active every day. Ideally going to the gym, taking a class. I try to get it in before lunchtime these days with a newborn.
- Read personal development book: Something positive and encouraging so I can learn something.
- Review goals: I review my annual goals so I know where I am headed. This will impact what I do that day and the ideas I have. My best ideas come while driving and while in the shower. Not working is when I have the best ideas. Reviewing my goals helps get those ideas flowing.
- Gratitude journal: Everyday I write down three things I am grateful for in my gratitude journal. When you’re grateful for the things you have, those things instantly increase. The more gratitude you feel, the happier you will be. Studies show people who practice gratitude have closer relationships, are more connected to family and friends and have people look upon them more favorably. Even being thankful for your boss will give you more patience, understanding, compassion, and kindness. You will forget about the things you use to complain about them if you are thankful for them. I once had a very tough client in my previous corporate consulting job who was not nice to me AT ALL, but I was and still am SO THANKFUL to her for showing me how to handle difficult clients and situations with class. This is exactly why I make it a habit in my morning routine to write down three things I am grateful for each day. It just makes me happier and gives me a better outlook for the day.
- Affirmations: If you listen to last week’s podcast, you know how much I believe in affirmations. Repeating positive statements every single day. I’ve been doing this with my daughter lately and we’ve been saying, I choose to make today the best day of my life.
- Journal/write: write a blog post or write in my 5-year journals for my daughter memories of our days. This is another form of gratitude for myself and my writing my blog helps me help others and that makes me happy. Sometimes its just writing an Instagram post on my @annarunyan account. As long as I’m doing this daily I feel better.
- Drink water: Fill up four bottles of water in the fridge the night before and try to drink them throughout the day.
- Work on my top priority: I have three priorities every week so every day I try to do something that will help me complete that priority.
- Vitamins: Gotta take them!
- Meditation: Even if its 30 seconds of shutting my eyes. Quiet is really hard to find in my house!
- Green smoothie: Spinach every day!
- Devotional: Reading my bible or daily devotionals that I get sent to me every day. Habits make them easy for you.
One last thing: Remember this. You can create your future! You are in control of your calendar, your day, your response to what happens in your life. You can make your dreams happen. I believe in you! Let’s make do it!
Have a great day and I’ll see you next time!
- How To Do a Founding Member Launch - May 18, 2020
- Productivity Challenge Day 3: Vision and Making of the Create Your Future Planner - May 11, 2020
- Productivity Challenge Day 2: Daily Habits and To-Do Lists - May 9, 2020