Today we are giving away one copy of Welcome to the Real World: Finding Your Place, Perfecting Your Work, and Turning Your Job into Your Dream Career by Lauren Berger.
This essential book is what every workplace novice needs—a smart, practical, and fun guide to help them navigate the minefield of personalities, learn to work with their boss, identify priorities, and ultimately kick butt at their first job.
In Welcome to the Real World, career expert and entrepreneur Lauren Berger arms a new generation of workers like you with the tools you need to succeed. She feels your pain. She’s been in your shoes. Just a few years ago, she was you.
In a world defined by uncertainty, she argues you need to be bold, take risks, and understand your value. She shows you how to think of your job as a link that will eventually connect you to the opportunity of your dreams. It’s time to get comfortable getting uncomfortable, she advises. Her essential handbook tells you everything you should know to make the most of your first on-the-job experience, including how to:
- Think about “The Big Picture”
- Deal with rejection
- Effectively manage your time
- Navigate “sticky situations” in the office and communicate with different personality types
- Embrace entrepreneurship regardless of position, rank, or title
- Organize your financial situation and personal life
- Get promoted and (one day) take your boss’ job!
Here are the ways you can win a copy of this book. Please enter using Rafflecopter below:
- Like Classy Career Girl on Facebook
- Follow me on Twitter @classycareer
- Tweet about this giveaway (make sure you mention @classycareer and @InternQueen)
- Leave a comment below telling us the most challenging experience you have had in your workplace.
This giveaway is open to all residents in the US only. It begins NOW and ends on April 25th, 2014 at 11:59 PM. We will be giving away 1 copy of the book. The winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 24 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected. Good luck!
Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of the book to review but this did not change what I wrote about the book.
Latest posts by Anna Runyan (see all)
- 3 Ways to Plan For Profit in 2020 - January 20, 2020
- How To Create a New Business in 90 Days - January 16, 2020
- How to Narrow Down Your Business Idea in 5 Minutes - January 13, 2020