Last week was my first week as a Professor! I had a blast teaching and am so happy that I get to teach students how to write resumes and nail interviews. Could there be a better career for Classy Career Girl? I don’t think so.
Last week I shared with my students this quote:
“If you don’t have a plan, you are going to live someone else’s life. No big achiever has ever woken up in the morning and said, “Let’s just see what happens.” If you want to be great you HAVE to be deliberate and make a plan to achieve your goals.” –Dan Miller
One of the assignments they have in my class is to make a portfolio full of a bunch of things to help present themselves to their future employer. One of the things in that portfolio is a mission statement. A mission statement is like a personal constitution and something you look back on when you make an important decision to ensure that you are headed in the right direction. I shared my mission statement with my class so I wanted to share it with you too!
“My mission is to encourage, support and motivate everyone I interact with through my work and life. I will strive to simplify my life and to reach out and connect with friends, family and people I have yet to meet. I will focus on helping others, eat healthier, do more yoga and focus on the things in my life that make me happy.” – Classy Career Girl
Do you have a mission statement?
Here are your weekly career links to start your week off right:
- 10 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do by 30 by Learnvest
- 7 Steps to Eliminating the Student Loan Debt That’s Weighing You Down by Brazen Careerist
- 2012 In Review: The Gender Wage Gap by SheNOW
- 10 Leaders and the Surprising Ways They Stay Productive by Inc.
- 100 ways to save money in 2013 by MSN Living
“Losing is a learning experience. It teaches you humility. It teaches you to work harder. It’s also a powerful motivator.” – Yogi Berra
- How To Make Networking Less Scary - August 3, 2020
- 4 Sales Mistakes Holding You Back From Becoming a Successful Entrepreneur - July 27, 2020
- The Ultimate Guide to Uncover Your Passion and Purpose - July 20, 2020