This is my last month in my twenties. In a few weeks I will be 30.
When I turned 28 2 years ago, I created a 30 before 30 list. I completed about half of the items but I don’t feel bad for not completing all of them. Why? Because the items on the list were all things that I wanted to do and I am sure I will eventually do someday. Also, some of the items on the list were out of my control.
Before I turn 30 in a few short weeks I want to instead tackle my greatest fears. These are the items that I don’t want to do. I believe that if you can conquer your fears, you will become much closer to personal success and achieving your dreams and goals. What are those things that are holding you back? Make a list of everything that you are scared to death of doing. Here are some of the things on my list: attend Toastmasters, host a meetup or live event, ask my boss for something that I REALLY want at work, submit a book proposal for a book idea I have, unplug and turn off my phone and email for 3 days and delegate more at work.
What are your greatest fears?
Here are your weekly career links to start your week off right:
- Work That Suit by WorkChic
- Why You Should Start Building Your Network Before You Get to School by MBAChic
- Conquering my Email, One Step at a Time by Work it, Mom!
- Before You Go…Have You Got Everything? (Things You Should Do Before You Resign A Company) by The Resume Chick
- Master Your Inbox: Insights into 5 million emails by the Daily Muse
“A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” -Colin Powell
Latest posts by Anna Runyan (see all)
- The First Step in Creating Your Plan That Most People Miss - November 4, 2019
- How To Incorporate Personal Goals In Your Planner - October 30, 2019
- How I Beta Launched My Online Course, PLAN - October 28, 2019