Happy Monday! I hope you are enjoying book giveaway week as much as I am! We have one more book giveaway this afternoon. Today’s book is the perfect book for someone who loves social media. If you are reading this blog, that most likely is you so stay tuned!
I also wanted to share with you a few thoughts from Kimberly Lin, the author of the book Recession Proof. You can find her book giveaway here. Many of you posted comments about begin stuck in a rut during this recession and she wanted me to let you know the following:
After reading the comments from this giveaway, I am incredibly humbled and touched. I truly loved reading everyone’s own personal stories because my goal in writing this book was to really give our generation, especially young career women, a voice as we navigate through these challenging times and face our lives in general. I firmly believe in the strength and intelligence of women and it’s been incredibly fulfilling to 1) follow my own dreams and inspire other women to do so as well and 2) connect our lives together.
Even as I am traversing through my own journey (and believe me it gets hard), I want to encourage readers to never give up. Never settle. You deserve to have it all and you can have it all through hard work, faith and sheer determination. I’m reminded of the quote by Winston Churchill, ‘Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.’
I also want to extend a huge thank you to the Classy Career Girl, for dedicating her time to running this fabulous site. Her work definitely empowers women and I’m so happy that a site like her’s exists. A sincere thank you to the readers who showed an interest in the book and congratulations to the winner. I hope you enjoy it!”
Readers can also read the first chapter here: http://www.kimberlyslin.com/RPChapterOne.html
Now here are your career links to start your week off right:
- Jump Start Your Day by Purposeful Woman
- Advice for successful career decisions by Bug Girl
- Trying to find a job? Here are the top entry-level resume characteristics for obtaining an interview by Career Woman Inc.
- 7 Keys to Advancing Multicultural Women by Workingmother.com
- Small Workplace Asks, Big Career Wins by Forbes.com
“I want a big career, a big man, and a big life. You have to think big – that’s the only way to get it… I just couldn’t stand being anonymous.” ~ Mia Farrow
- Create a 90-Day Plan to Launch Your Dream Career or Business in 2021 - January 11, 2021
- CLASS AskAnna: How to Keep a Healthy Mental Headspace When Working On Your Goals - December 28, 2020
- CLASS AskAnna: How To Make Time for Your Passion Even When You’re Busy - December 21, 2020