Chris Camillo is not a stockbroker, financial analyst, or hedge fund manager. He is an ordinary person with a knack for identifying trends and discovering great investments hidden in everyday life. In early 2007, he invested $20,000 in the stock market, and in three years it grew to just over $2 million. In the book Laughing at Wall Street, you’ll see:
- How Facebook friends helped a young parent invest in the wildly successful children’s show, Chuggington—and saw her stock values climb 50%
- How an everyday trip to 7-Eleven alerted a teenager to short Snapple stock—and tripled his money in seven days
- How $1000 invested consecutively in Uggs, True Religion jeans, and Crocs over five years grew to $750,000
- How Michelle Obama caused J. Crew’s stock to soar 186%, and Wall Street only caught up four months later!
Engaging, narratively-driven, and without complicated financial analysis, Camillo’s stock picking methodology proves that you do not need large sums of money or fancy market data to become a successful investor.
There are three reasons that I love this book:
- We all need to manage our finances and we cannot rely on anyone else to do it. I know at times it is hard to think of that amount that you put towards your 401K and what fun you could have spending it today. It is hard to take time out of your busy schedule to figure out what investments and funds you want to put your 401K into. But, we all need to be actively managing, learning and growing that fund as much as possible NOW. Trust me, you will thank me later. If you don’t start early you’ll miss out on a huge head start that will be incredibly difficult to make up later on.
- You don’t have to be a financial planner to understand this book. It is written in terms that the average Jane can understand and you don’t have to understand finance or economics.
- Many people think that to invest they have to spend a lot of time studying charts, graphs and historical trends. Many of the investing tips you will learn in this book are looking for investments by what is woven into things you do already. Examples include reading magazines, checking Facebook, shopping or talking with your friends. No excuses ladies!
Ready to learn more about investing? Enter to win a copy of the book today!
To enter: Leave a comment below with your email address. This giveaway is open to all residents in the US or Canada. It begins NOW and ends on Dec 13th, 2011 at 9pm PST. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 24 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected. Good luck!
Disclosure: I was provided me with a copy of the book to review but this did not change what I wrote about the book.
- Your Weekly Review Session: How to Have the Best Week Ever - June 29, 2020
- How to Commit To Your Goals - June 22, 2020
- How to Narrow Down The One Thing To Focus On - June 15, 2020