Ready for some on the job training? Here are 4 mistakes that women make at the office from a recent article in Oprah Magazine that we all need to be aware of.
1. Taking a back seat. Do you ever go into a meeting where there aren’t many seats left so you purposely choose the seat in the back? Unfortunately, I do this often so I don’t have to walk in front of everyone. The article pushes us to not be afraid to sit at the table with the men!
2. Accepting. Women feel they need to earn a higher salary, whereas men believe they deserve a higher salary. Just a slight difference in your word and thoughts can make all the difference in your confidence during a discussion with the boss. Know your worth and demand it!
3. Doing too much for free. Yes, you may have to do most of the work at home for your kids and husband. But, please don’t volunteer yourself for everything at work too or you surely will be taken advantage of very quickly.
4. Treating other women like enemies. Women can be pretty mean and petty sometimes. Instead, fight for each other and work together! We need to all be on each other’s side in the corporate world because we need all the help we can get to rise up the ladder!
What do you think about this list?
Latest posts by Anna Runyan (see all)
- 3 Ways to Plan For Profit in 2020 - January 20, 2020
- How To Create a New Business in 90 Days - January 16, 2020
- How to Narrow Down Your Business Idea in 5 Minutes - January 13, 2020