The Top Ten Online Tools I Can’t Live Without
24Jun

The Top Ten Online Tools I Can’t Live Without

About the Author

Anna Runyan

Anna is the founder of Classy Career Girl, named by Forbes as one of the top 35 most influential career sites of 2014. She helps millions of women design and launch their dream careers, businesses and lives through her website, online courses and social media channels.

Comments (19)

Dipeeka Saboo - June 27, 2015

I can’t live without :
Over
Picsart
Basic Social Media Apps including Fb Pages ( and a few ones )
Notes
Pocket
Kindle
Blogger
Wordpress app
GotoMeeting
Coursera App, etc.
I had tried my hands on Evernote, I would get onto it again! Next in the line would be Blu Host and WordPress.org. Before that I need to figure out, the difference between wordpress.com & wordpress.org

Thanks for this list Anna.

Anna Runyan - June 28, 2015

These are all great too! Thanks for adding! I will have to try some of these too! -Anna

Marie - July 8, 2015

Thank you for a useful list!

I could not do my job properly without Buffer – It’s a social media scheduling tool, and it saves me a lot of time. For my freelance-projects I would spend a lot of time fiddling around without Trello and Google Docs. (I use Trello for projects where my client needs frequent updates on where we are at and I need a steady flow of communication, and Google Docs for when I write content for people that want immediate access.

Anna Runyan - July 10, 2015

I love Buffer too Marie! That is what I used to use 100% but now I schedule a lot just directly on Facebook. I have never tried Trello but might have to check it out! Thanks for the comment!

John Dave - March 17, 2016

Love this post so much. Thanks for sharing content among us. I am using semrush, Ritetag and buffer for my work.

Anna Runyan - March 17, 2016

Glad you found them helpful John!!

Nats - April 27, 2016

Thanks for the info! Definitely going to give a few of these a try!
Nats | http://www.naturallynats.com

Stephen Walker - May 12, 2016

Comment by: Stephen Walker

Hi Anna,

I would agree that PicMonkey and LeadPages are very important tools.

I also know that Bluehost is used by many bloggers but, I am quite happy with my current provider in Names.co.uk.

They are reasonably priced, reliable and responsive.

Billie - September 22, 2016

I found this pin on Pinterest and was interested in what “Replace Myself” was so I researched. It’s the most racist and exploitative website and business model I’ve ever seen. Are you sure you want to promote this? The rest of your work and website look legit and wholesome. Don’t make people think you are profiting off of other people’s poverty, please. And don’t support a business wherein these human beings are being paid less than poverty wages. Sigh, that was awful to see.

Anna Runyan - September 25, 2016

Thanks for stopping by. I am sorry you feel that way. While you touched on some common misconceptions of hiring virtual assistants, there are also a lot of positive outcomes for the employees when they become virtual assistants.

John Jonas - January 9, 2017

@billie – I started ReplaceMyself and OnlineJobs.ph. I’ve worked with the people in the Philippines for over 11 years.
    “Profiting off of other people’s poverty”…If you try hiring someone, and start communicating with them, you would quickly realize
    1. how grateful they are for the job. Jobs are hard to come by in the Philippines.
    2. we’re not racist because we hire people in the Philippines. We love them, you would too.
    3. we’re not paying “less than poverty wages”. Actually, most of the time, we pay significantly more than the wages they could get at a job in their country. Plus, they get to work from home, on their own hours, and take care of their children which they normally wouldn’t get to do. It’s a pretty good situation all around…and if you asked them about it, they would tell you the same.

We get “Thank You” tweets, FB posts, FB messages, emails… every day from people in the Philippines who got a job through ReplaceMyself.

Give it a try…it might change your view about what Anna is doing.

Kellie - December 9, 2016

Unsplash
Freepik
Uberconference
Google Calendar
MailChimp

Cybergenic Associates Int’l - January 18, 2017

Hello Anna! We love your article. Some of our clients are also using Asana. You’re right it’s very organised and you can simply add tasks anytime and it’s very convenient to use too! Thank you for these lists of tools we would be glad to check them out.

If you have time you can check us as well http://www.cybergenic.net/.

Evelyn - January 21, 2017

Wow its amazing how all of you have so many good ideas and what apps to use to make your business boom…. I wondered how do you decide which works for your business best and how do you find them? simply by referral or simple search while surfing. I too am trying to dip my feet into blogging although I haven’t quite started and it all seems a bit overwhelming….. any advise you all? Thanks for the info Anna!

JJ - February 27, 2017

How do you use a virtual assistant? I’ve been hesitant because I’m not sure what I can pass over (I’m probably too much of a control freak! Lol)

April - April 2, 2017

I’m having a problem with my emails through gmail going to spam folders. Do you have the same issue? If not, how did you work around that?

John Runyan - April 4, 2017

Hi April, yes, it’s not the email systems fault. It’s the systems receiving emails (i.e. gmail) that determine which emails get through. This is something to consider for anyone doing email marketing http://help.infusionsoft.com/dmarc-may-impact-your-deliverability To summarize, you need to have an @mycompany email 🙂

Jameelah - September 10, 2017

Awesome list! Thanks for sharing!!

Shieann Charles - September 20, 2017

Love this post! Totally going with PicMonkey for my posts!