This week I am reading a lot of papers and grading a lot of assignments. I have only been a Professor for two weeks and I have a new appreciation for every teacher I have ever had in my life! Hopefully, I can get back my personal reading and blogging time this week now that I am slowly adjusting and getting into the groove of being a Professor!
I am realizing it is true how much you actually learn by teaching something. It’s only been two weeks and I have already learned so much about myself and I now have an even greater knowledge of the material that I am teaching. The questions I get from the students and the discussion that we have in class is bringing up a lot of ideas for future blog posts so stay tuned!
Here are your weekly career links to start your week off right:
- The Best Jobs For Women In 2013 by Forbes
- Women Need to Realize Work Isn’t School by Harvard Business Review
- 10 People You Must Have In Your Network To Find A Job by Careerealism
- The 44 Healthiest Companies to Work For by Greatist.com
- The First Step in Your 2013 Plan – Anchor the Why, the Whom, and the What by Pamela Slim
Work to become, not to acquire.Elbert Hubbard
P.S. Have you ever taken the Myers Briggs Personality Test? Have you ever wondered if you are an introvert or extrovert and why you are very detail oriented but the people you work with aren’t? I brought up the Myers Briggs test while teaching my career development course last week and I wanted to share with you something I found. The Myers Briggs is an expensive test and if your company or school offers it, you should definitely take it ASAP. But, if you don’t have a company or school to front the cost for you, check out this link to take a free test that is similar to the real one.
I am an ISFJ. What is your personality type?
Latest posts by Anna Runyan (see all)
- The Biggest Legal Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make with Jenny Odegard (PODCAST) - June 21, 2018
- 30 Networking Ideas That Could Change Your Life (PODCAST) - June 18, 2018
- How to Be Spontaneous with Judith Humphrey (PODCAST) - June 14, 2018