Happy Monday! I am excited for the week because I am headed home to Minnesota for a vacation. Have you had a Summer vacation yet? If not, plan one today! I get so many questions about whether or not to take time off as a new employee or how to ask a boss for a vacation. Honestly, just do it. I have seen so many people work their butts off with no vacation and get majorly burnt out. You don’t want to do this. Vacations can actually make you more productive and excited to come back to work. I know I have been guilty of not taking enough vacation and losing leave hours, not good. There is something about thinking that no one else can do your job as good as you and what if something important comes up. Today, I encourage you to say, “oh well” and take that time off! Even if you don’t have an amazing vacation planned, a Friday here and a Friday there can really rejuvenate you. Trust me! You will be thanking me later!
Here are your career links to start your week off right!
- On the Same Page: Influencing Commitment on a Team by Women Grow Business
- How to Change Your Life One Habit at a Time by She Takes on the World
- How Self-Compassion Makes You A Better Leader by The Glass Hammer
- Quick Lunch Fix: Salad in a Jar by Levo League
- How To Communicate Well in a Virtual World by Women For Hire
“If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.” – John Maxwell
Photo Credit: Clicksnapshotbutton